Friday, February 24, 2012

Finally Friday - Pennies From Heaven

Happy Friday!  Where the heck did the week go?! 

Well, weekends are usually family time and I don't really get to paint or scrap so I thought I dig into my art journal for today's post.  This is a page I did back in August soon after I started to dabble into Mixed Media Art.  It was inspired by my niece Sarah who plays the sax and is section leader for the Goin Band (Texas Tech University - "Wreck 'Em Tech").  I used the sheet music from one of her final exams in my background and the heart pin belonged to my Mother, whom she looks a lot like.  The sentiment is from the lyrics of  "Pennies from Heaven"





3 comments:

  1. love all te colors and textures in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I apologize for the delayed response, when I answered I did it as a new comment instead of using the reply button.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, it ended up have a lot of layers cuz I had trouble getting it to where I was happy with it. I wish her sheet music would have shown through just a little more.

    Thsnks for leaving a comment! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...