Thursday, March 1, 2012

Do What You Love

Finally finished this painting up.   The sentiment was inspired by my new friend Christina.  It's a 11x14 canvas, I used a piece of tile that I found in our backyard, a doily, printed packing tape, vintage sheet music, acrylics, gouache, gel medium, cardstock and rubons.  Christina thanks for the inspiration, I hope you like it:



   I used Golden Fluid Acrylics:Quinacridone Magenta & Primary Magenta then I added in Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic in Naphthol Crimson

This is Golden Fluid Acrylic: Titanium White

I used printed packing tape that I found in Michael's Dollar area and sealed it with Golden Regular Gel Matte.
   
 I add some Creative Imaginations rubons and some Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic in Ivory Black

This is the broken piece of tile I found.  I thought the back had an interesting pattern so I added some Golden Fluid Acrylic in Yellow Oxide with my brayer and stamped it on my canvas

I also used a doily as a stamp with my Ivory Black paint and bubble wrap with Gumbacher Gouache in Cerulean Blue

The letters are rubons that I put on white cardstock and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink is Black Soot then attached with Golden Gel Medium

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...