Sunday, March 4, 2012

Light the World

I just finished up tonight's painting.  Its a 11x14 canvas and the sentiment is "You are the Light of the World".  I started this painting yesterday and I had no idea what I was gonna paint so I picked out a yellow color and immediately thought, I need circles.  Then I thought green would be a good backdrop for my circles, from there I just started looking through my stash of scraps and found left over pieces of sheet music (I can't throw any scraps away, no matter how small, I always think I can use it somewhere).  I added the doily that I used as a stamp on my last painting and the embellishment on top.  The button is an earing I found at a garage sale.  I stamped on part of the sentiment and wrote in "Light".  That's it, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!


I used Golden Fluid Acrylics: Green Gold & Yellow Oxide, Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic: Indian Yellow & Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Grumbacher Gouache: Burnt Sienna, Cray-Pass Oil Pastel: Teal and Higgins Black Magic Ink

Added the scraps of sheet music I used on another painting and attached them using Golden Gel Medium

I added the doily I used to stamp my last painting and flower I cut from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line.  I inked the edges of the flowes with Tim  Holz Distress Ink: Vintage Photo

The embellishment is from Me & My Big Ideas, Soft Spoken

The wheel is an earing I found at a garage sale

Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...