Thursday, March 22, 2012

True Love - Art Journal Page

I began art journaling last year as way to explore new art mediums and techniques but most of all, I just wanted to have fun.  My art journal gives me the opportunity to play and use things that I probably won't use in my scrapbooking.  I work in a Canson 11x14 Mixed Media bound journal and when I first started, I went to Michaels and bought all of the different types of Artist's Loft paint sets like acyclic, gouache and so on.  These sets are great for beginners because they are so inexpensive.  You can get a twelve piece set for around $4.99.  Since they aren't expensive, I don't feel quality about wasting them when I'm playing.  Usually, the more I spend on a product the more cautious I am about how I use it because I wanna make it last (I'm kinda crazy that way, lol).  Once I got comfortable with the paints and decided which ones I liked best, I went ahead and invested in professional quality paints.  Here is a page I did last August, its the 4th page of my art journal. 

I started out by painting the background and then I just started searching through my stamps and scrapbook papers.  All of the flowers and butterflies are hand cut and the postcard was a gift from my son Anthony.


I'd like to encourage you to give art journaling a try because it is such a freeing process with no rules to follow.  I guarantee that you will have a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye while you let go and just create whatever comes to mind!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I'd like to hear your thoughts on art journaling!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...