Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Fireball

Yesterday turned out to be pretty interesting.  I was on the phone with my 22 yr old and I see this ball of FIRE shooting out of the sky!  My son says holy crap, I just saw something on fire fall out of the sky.  He was on the opposite side of town and saw it too.   How CRAZY is that!?  It turns out that April is known for fireballs falling from the sky, who knew!?  It was a really cool thing to see and I think is was pretty AWESOME that my son saw it too. 

This morning I had to run into town to get my youngest son's glasses fixed.  They've broken at least three other times this year but this time they finally replaced the frames.  I have to send some LOVE out to the Walmart Optometry staff out at 1604/281.  They don't open til 9:00 am and it was only 8:15 am but the lady helped me anyway.  In less that 10 minutes, I was walking out the door with my son's new glasses.  So, THANK YOU so much for taking care of me this morning!!!  I really appreciate you helping me even though you were closed! :D

Now, I just got back home from dropping off my son's new glasses and realized that I have to be back at the school at 11:00 am for his Honor Roll award ceremony.  Hopefully I'll still have time to meet my 22yr old in town today for some lunch.  We'll see.............


Ok, now to some art :D This is a page from my art journal.  I painted the blue background and stamped the dots and numbers on.  I was inspired to add the birdhouse from a Pottery Barn add I saw so I drew that in and added scrap paper.  The heart is cut out from the DCWV Ciao Bella stack.  I added some glitter and rubon letters.  Have a wonderful day & thank you so much for all your lovely comments.  They really do make my day!!

16 comments:

  1. A fireball? I want to see a fireball! What is it with boys and glasses? I'm frankly surprised my son can even see out of his - he won't keep his fingers off of them.

    I'd love to sit down and flip through your art journal. I can't believe you drew those birdhouses - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, my son's glasses are always covered in finger prints! Yeah, the fireball was really cool but I kept wondering if something else was gonna fall, lol. It looked huge!

      Thank you for the sweet comments on my art journal :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's incredible. They must fizzle out before the hit the ground, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it did because they never said anything about the impact on the news but they did explain the April fireballs.

      Delete
  3. fireball? wow! too bad you couldn't get a picture of that! :) i just love your art work! amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wish I would have too. I'm glad you liked my art journal :D

      Delete
  4. Your art page is beautiful.
    I tried my hand at it, made a whole book actually, but don't have the talent for it.
    Your page is wonderful.
    Fire balls out of the sky, sounds like a movie or something. I have never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D, yeah it was really cool but scary too.

      Delete
  5. Wow...what a great experience for you at Walmart! Fireballs? Now you will have me watching the skies more closely. Wonderful art project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma your AJ page is beautiful! I really love how you drew the birdcage..you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walmart optometry rocks! Just got a new pair of glasses from them myself this year, and they were very helpful...Love your art piece! I love the blue/red combo, the numbers and the "bubble wrap" effect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...