Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Wall Shelf

Hey there, did you have a good weekend?!  I got some chores done, upcycled an old shelf and completed a project for PWP.  So I'm pretty happy with everything I was able to scratch off of my to do list.

This is a shelf that I use to have in our second apt years and years ago.  I dragged it around to two different houses since then, lol.  It sat in the attic of our old house and has been in our garage since we moved here over two years ago.  I even tried selling it in a garage sale but nobody wanted it, lol. 

Well, I decided it was time to give it a makeover and bring it back in.

Pretty drab right!

Here is the inside

Now for some painting magic!
I sent my DH to HM Depot with instructions to bring me a pretty blue and boy does he know me, he brought me the PERFECT shade :D

I was going to use the door but then decided I wanted to have it open instead.  So I added some pretty MME paper to help tie in the red from my studio.

Here it is up on the wall and all filled up!  See that adorable little canvas on the top shelf, my DIL made that!  Isn't it just too cute :D

Well, I hope you liked my little shelf makeover and before you toss out that old shelf; remember, a little paint does wonders!
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!!




7 comments:

  1. what a fun shelf- love how you altered it! love blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma - this is fantastic - love the colours and what a great way to repurpose something. Fabulous. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a GREAT redo project!! Turned out awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeover is gorgeous!! I love the pretty blue :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...