Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Seventeen

Hey Friends!!  I'm out spending some time at the beach this week but luckily I was smart enough to snap some pics for my posts ;D  So today I have a layout that I did for my son when he was 17. 

For this layout I used patterned paper from the "Once Upon a Time" collection (I can't remember who makes it but I think Joann's still carries it).  The tag and "S" were cut using the Cricut Stamped cart and the rest of the title letters are stamped on.

I added some Stickles to the dragon's fire for a little interest.

To add just a bit more to the patterned paper, I drew in some flames then painted it in.

 This layout was all about how my son was going through some rough times while trying to find his way through high school.  I wanted to remind him of what I see when I looked at him.  My journaling runs along the entire edge of the layout and it talks about how his outer appearance didn't match what was inside.  He walked around with this crazy spiked mohawk and black clothes yet there was always a smile on his face.  With all his faults, he is still one of the sweets people I know.  He is always willing to help others and is always very respectful.

He was trying very hard to look mad because his big bro stuck a straw on his spike!

Well that's it for today!  Thank you all so much for visiting me and leaving me such sweet comments.  I hope to get back to a regular schedule soon so I can start visiting all of your blogs again but I have to admit I've really been enjoying focusing a little more on the family.  Especially since the new school year is just around the corner.  Have a Wonderful Day!!!!


5 comments:

  1. another gorgeous LO!!! LOVE the colors!
    TFS and have a GREAT Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I thought at first his spike was that long! Great job on the story for this. Sometimes it's hard to see past the teenage rebellion and remember that they are just trying to find their way. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome layout!! I love the paper and the photo is so awesome :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norma,
    This is gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors and what a fun photo! Hope you are enjoying your summer! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me all of those comments today! :) I haven't had time to visit everyone much either..hopefully things slow down a little! Talk to you soon!!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a dramatic layout Norma! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...