Monday, May 20, 2013

Whimsical Shadow Box - PWP May Nesting Components

I got a chance to play with my new Paper Wings Productions May Nesting Components kit over the weekend so I'd like to show you what I came up with.

This is a really fun shadow box and I can definitely see a little story in the composition.  I think that interpretation is one of the great things about art so I won't tell what I see so you can come up with your own story.

This sweet little lady and the little bird on a branch are both from the clip art sheet included in the set.  I fussy cut both and embellished the girl's hair with a tiny rose (also from the kit).  

This beautiful lady is from the clip art sheet too.  She looks a little mischievousness don't you think, lol.  Maybe she's that whisper you hear reminding you to "be yourself".  I sprinkled some of the Pink Paislee paper goods, journaling cards and press ons here and there.

Here is a closer look at the relationship between these two.  What do you think is going on?

To frame my focal image, I used this Blue Fern Chippie called Royal Bird Frame.  I covered the chippie with the Chisty Tomlinson Text Coffee Filter sheets that are in the kit.  This was quite a bit of work because of all of the intricate detail on the Blue Fern chippie but I think it was totally worth it.  I inked all of the edges with an acrylic dauber to help it pop against the background.

I created this little cluster of kit flowers to accent the shadow box.

To finish off the box, I used the Paper Wings "Thankful" stamp and added some of the Pink Paislee paper goods around the frame to create balance.  Finally I adhered the white seam binding ribbon around the entire box to create the hanger.

May 2013 Mixed Media Kit
This is a really fun kit full of whimsy and you get so much product.  I still have a ton left so I'll be back on the PWP blog on Friday with another project featuring this kit.  If you'd like to get one of these babies for yourself, visit the Paper Wings Productions online store.

Thanks for joining me, have a beautiful and inspiring day!!

P.S. Don't forget to tell what you think is going on in this little scene ;D

I've entered this project is the DL.Art May Linky Party - Anything Goes!

10 comments:

  1. oh wow what a cool shadow box! just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shadow box Norma! I love the little scene you have created! The two girls remind me of growing up with my sister. We definitely created our share of mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowzer!!!!!! AS ALWAYS YOUR WORK IS SO CREATIVE AND UNIQUE I love your shadow box what a great piece of art!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous, Norma!! I absolutely love the design!! The scene I see is a little girl dreaming of her Prince Charming, and her older self spotting him in the distance!! This is just fabulous my sweet friend!! Love it!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lot of fun creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I love all the butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love the layers and details :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norma, this is so beautiful, I love all the fussy cut elements.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! I love how you used the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Norma....love all the wonderful details here! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...