Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Dia De Los Muertos skull of the season!!

Hi everyone!!  I just finished my very first skull of the season and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.   So I'm very excited to share it with and see what you think:


This is a paper mache mask that measures 8 x 5 1/2".  


I started out with this retired Paper Wings Productions heart stamp then added the beautiful wings.  The wings have been in my stash for a very long time so I don't remember who they're from, sorry.  The winged heart set the tone for the rest of the skull and my color choices.


I added the flowers around the eyes, the nose and mouth freehand.  All of the paints I used are Liquitex soft body acrylics.


The rest of the flowers are from Paper Wings Productions' Flower Power stamp set.  As I mentioned the other day, this stamp set has quickly become one of my favorites.


I used distress markers for shading and a Uniball Signo pen to outline the images.  I also added Stickles to the wings for a little sparkle.


One down, a gazillion to go, lol!  Let me know what you think!!  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL INSPIRED DAY!!!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! And I want it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you do these skulls - they are amazing and so unique! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, absolutely beautiful and right up my street, I love day of the dead. Love the fire colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing Norma!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Norma, it's absolutely fabulous!! Love, love it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is Awesome! Do you do any other mediums like graphic design and such? Just curious! Because I think you have an eye for Day of the Dead! I own a t-shirt business and would to see if you're interested in a collaboration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored that you'd like to collaborate on a project but I am actually horrible at graphic art. I dabble a bit but it's my least favorite medium. I love playing with different materials and getting my hands full of paint.

      Delete
  8. This is so gorgeous....love the bright red against the white and black!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...