Thursday, December 5, 2013

Every Saint...

Hey there!  I hope you all are doing well.  Thanks so much for the feedback on my compact mirrors.  I really appreciate your help :D  Today I have some art journaling to share.  This is a sketch I did a little over a month ago and I just hadn't had the time to work on again.  Last night I had some time and I had been thinking about what I wanted her to say so I really wanted to finish her up.


This is actually a hybrid page because I added the wording digitally.  She is my original drawing and there was some stamping already on my page.  She looks kinda mischievous to me, like she has a story to tell.  So I thought this quote was perfect for her.  It's one of my favs and I've been wanting to use it for sometime now.


Here's a look at the raw sketch :D


I used acrylic paints to color her in.  She's in my Dylusions art journal so I had to be real careful with my shading.  I didn't prime my paper so when I was trying to blend, the paper started to fall apart.  Otherwise the blending would have been a lot smoother but it's okay, it still works.


For hair, I used markers and Dylusions inks.  This is a look at the page without the sentiment.  I'll be adding this "Saint" to my collection of Little Honey Bee productions in the the near future.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to create on canvas again soon.


Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the PWP Winter Blog Hop!  Thanks for stopping by and have a BEAUTIFUL day!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is awesome Norma!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma - what a lovely lady and you are right - she has that little twinkle in her eye!!! I so look forward to seeing what you come up with next!!

    Have a gret day!!

    Cheers!!


    Lorraine
    Ontario, Canada
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...