Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Run This - Art Journal

Happy Hump Day!  I've been waiting for the weather to clear up so I could get some good pics of my latest art journal page.  This is the page I've been sharing with you on FB :D


I created this page for an online class that I was taking with Tamara Laporte of Willowing Arts.  If you're not familiar with her, you need to check her out.  Here is the link to her website: Willowing, she is AH-MAZING!  I love seeing other artists' creative process because we all have such different ways of doing things.


So many artists are doing women (myself included) but she said something that made so much sense to me.  She said that when we do our women, we're actually painting a part of ourselves.  They may not always look like us but there is definitely something in each piece from our soul.  I have to say, this is SO TRUE!  When I do art shows, I have a lot of people tell me that my women look like me, lol.  Now I don't know if this one does (I don't thinks so) but there are definitely aspects of her that represent me and I hope that others will see pieces of themselves in her too.


She's posing like Tamara's but everything else is all me ;D


I thought long and hard about what I wanted her to say.  She has such a strong look to her so her statement needed filled with strength.  Originally I only had "I Run This" but then I thought, "I need to add to it".  So I added a Mexican proverb about the role of a women:

La casa no descansa en la tierra sino en la Mujer

The translation is "The house does not rest on the earth, but on a woman".  Perfect!!  She is a beautiful queen, strong and fierce.  She is the foundation of her home, LOVE IT!  

 

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you've enjoyed my post!  Hugs to you all, don't forget to be fierce in all you do!!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Fabulous image and love the long hair and vibrancy of the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...